Public Safety – Resident State Troopers

The Resident Trooper office is not manned 24/7.  If no one is in the office, calls will be forwarded to dispatch at Troop F, Westbrook.  When the Resident Troopers are not on duty, Patrol Troopers from Troop F provide coverage for the town.

Pistol Permits

To obtain a permit to carry a gun in the State of CT, you must first receive a local temporary pistol permit from the town in which you reside.  If you would like to apply, please contact Judi, Executive Assistant to the First Selectman, at 860.349.7114 ext 0 or email the Police department.


Speeding: If any resident has concerns about speeding on certain roads please give the office a call or stop by and we will utilize all of our resources to slow motorists down. We will use laser or radar and issue motor vehicle infractions, warnings, or summons to reinforce the motor vehicle laws.

Vacation-Patrol Checks

We encourage any residents going away on vacation to call the office or stop by and complete a patrol check sheet. We will conduct patrol checks of your residence while you’re away on vacation. Furthermore, we want to encourage all residents to call us with any suspicious activity regarding suspicious persons or vehicles in their neighborhood. Please try to obtain as much information as possible.

Drug Take Back

National Drug Back Day is generally held on the last Saturday in April and October. The DEA’s Take Back Day events provide an opportunity for Americans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths, since a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet. Expired, and no longer used prescription and non-prescription drugs are accepted for proper disposal.  The collection is held at the Middlefield Community Center. For more information, please see the News page or the DEA Take Back website.